Pastor Keith Lindsey
Theology of Biblical Servanthood
- Everything in life has a purpose
- If you want to know the purpose of a thing, never askthe thing
- You ask the Maker of the thing.
- If you don’t know the purpose of thething, Abuse is inevitable!
- Why are we sometimes bad husbands? (We lost the understanding of why God designed marriage.)
- Purpose of a thing is wrapped up in the mind of the Maker.
- “For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God” (1Cor 2:11)
- The Maker of a thing usually writes its name on the thing it makes.
v TEST MATERIAL!! Daniel 6: 1-3 1 It pleased Darius to appoint 120 satraps to rule throughout the kingdom, 2 with three administrators over them, one of whom was Daniel. The satraps were made accountable to them so that the king might not suffer loss. 3 Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.
- Daniel was chosen because Daniel had values.
- KNOW THE CORE VALUES!!
- Love for God
- Intimacy: Prayer, Bible Study, and Regular Fasting.
- Purity: A life of holiness, integrity, and character.
- Anointing: God-grace for the task.
- Love for People:
- Relationship: Building, maintaining, and enjoying strong relationships.
- Influence: Developing a circle of influence.
- Teamwork: Cooperation ahead of competition
- Work Ethic:
- Excellence: Demonstrating competence in your area.
- Productivity: Setting Goals, taking risks, going the extra mile.
- Frugality: Efficiency with time and money.
- Servant: Considering other better than oneself.
- Fun/Enjoyable: Having fun, enjoying life.
- Loyalty: Devoting oneself to the call of God and to the church.
- Love God more than ever before.
- Prayer: I want to love You(God) more tomorrow than I did today!
John 21:15-18  When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you. Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.  Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.”
- Deep and sincere love for people.
- It is His love that compels us to do His will.
- Get to a place where a love for people surpasses everything but God
- Marriage(Relationships-in general) ought to be the first and best representation of loving others-Love them more than we love ourselves
- Relationship-Building deep, strong, meaningful connection
- Influence-Am I developing a circle of influence?
- Team work-Do I put consideration ahead of competition?
- Excellence- Constant pursuit of what is best
- Highlands College-ME- extension of the staff of the church
- Work Ethic: Am I giving it my all?
- Am I productive?- Setting goals and meeting expectations
- Frugal- Am I efficient with my time & the time of others?
- Financially Frugal- Priorities
- Attitude: Expressions
- Evaluate your heart
- initiative- go the extra mile